2021. October 12.
Be your own bakery! It'll be just as good, just a lot more conscious!
For the dough:
- 140g coconut yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 125g Hester's Life Oat flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons liquid almond butter (can be substituted with cashew butter or peanut butter)
- 3 tablespoons of Hester's Life Ground dates
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon of water
- Preheat the oven to 180C, set it to ventilation.
- In a bowl, mix the coconut yoghurt with the apple cider vinegar (you can also use a food processor to prepare the batter).
- Add the oat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt to the bowl. Mix well until you have a homogeneous dough. You may find that the dough absorbs more flour for you, as the water content of coconut yogurts may vary!
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough into a rectangle, about 10x12 cm and 0.5 cm thick.
- Cover with the almond butter and sprinkle evenly with the ground dates and ground cinnamon.
- Cut the dough into four equal strips and roll them up one by one. This is necessary because this dough is more fragile than the regular dough, and will make perfect rolls.
- Place the rolls on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until the edges are a nice golden brown.
- Mix a tablespoon of almond butter with a tablespoon of water and cover the tops of the rolls with it.