Chilli cashew nuts
2021. October 27.
One way to avoid a snacking overload is to choose a spicy treat.
That doesn't stop you? Never mind, it's a conscious snack anyway.
- 400g unsalted cashews
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chilli sauce ( the amount depends largely on the strength of the chilli sauce and how much you want it to burn. I used this:
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Hester's Life Ground dates
- 1/2 tablespoon Hester's Life Oat flour
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees on fan.
- Mix the ingredients for the chilli sauce in a bowl and stir into the cashew nuts.
- Spread evenly on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently, until golden brown.
- Let it cool completely before eating.